In fact, there are many reasons why a person begins to dream of a more spacious home. New jobs, children, changes in life, and relocation. There can be many reasons to arrange the space around you in a new way.
New parents also face a similar problem, because after the baby appears, they notice more and more every day that their cozy home is gradually filled with children’s things and toys.
It is very important to be able to use free space effectively because living in a clean and spacious environment has a positive effect on physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Try to visually enlarge the room
If possible, try to arrange the free space in the house according to the following principles:
- When buying an apartment, choose the most open space.
- Choose apartments with a small number of partitions between rooms. A great choice, in this case, would be a kitchen-studio, in which the living room, dining room, and kitchen are located in one room. Believe me, such a house will have a more spacious, open, and comfortable look.
Make the most of outdoor space
- If possible, decorate the free space directly in front of the apartment in order to make it one with your apartment.
- The landscaped courtyard will create comfort, help you relax, and allow you to enjoy nature.
Use sliding doors
If you have the opportunity to replace the door in the apartment, we recommend choosing sliding or folding models. This way you will be able to use the free space as efficiently as possible and make the house more open and creative.
Arrange the second floor in the room
If your apartment has high ceilings, you can take advantage of this feature and equip the second floor. Among designers, this style is known as a loft.
This way you get two living spaces in one room.
Install glass partitions
Since we have repeatedly mentioned how important it is to have as much free space in the apartment, we recommend if possible to install transparent glass walls in the apartment, because they transmit light well.
Do not forget about the decor and make the most of the benefits of your home
With these tips, you can easily choose furniture for your home that will not only please the eye but also be incredibly practical:
- Use the stairs and space under them to store things. Believe it or not, in fact, the stairs are great for storing various items. You can install convenient drawers in the steps, and under them, you should install small lockers.
- Choose furniture that folds and does not take up much space. You’ve probably seen similar transformer furniture before, and they’re actually incredibly easy to use. Folding tables and beds that are hidden in the wall, really save a lot of free space.
- Use mirrors to decorate the premises. Everyone knows that mirrors have the ability to visually enlarge the space. Even a small apartment will seem much larger if it has a lot of mirrors.
- Place closed cabinets and drawers at the bottom. Believe me, the room with this arrangement of furniture will seem larger and more spacious.
- Position the light sources in the room correctly. Remember that enough natural light will help you make your home more cozy and comfortable. Make the most of the sun’s rays and, if possible, reduce the number of artificial light sources in your home.
- Choose low furniture. In order to visually enlarge the apartment, we recommend abandoning tall cabinets and shelves in favor of low furniture.
- Choose the right colors. When arranging an apartment, we advise you to take into account the fact that different colors affect our perception of the environment in different ways.
- Use light tones, including white and gray, as they symbolize purity and clarity. These shades will be especially relevant for kitchen furniture and bathrooms.
Picture Credit: Unsplash